the book delling and i are going to co-author about being young and chronically ill
- Sef Cosmia: Chapter 1: You're Smiling Too Much To Be Sick
- Gab: Chapter 2: Wish I Could Stay Home In Bed All Day Too
- Sef Cosmia: Chapter 3: But You Did A Thing
- Gab: Chapter 4: Have You Tried This Diet Yet
- Sef Cosmia: Chapter 5: What About This One
- Gab: Chapter 6: My Cousin-In-Law's Adopted Stepsister Swears By Meditation
- Sef Cosmia: Chapter 7: Other People Have It Worse You Know
- Gab: Chapter 8: That's Not A Real Thing!
- Sef Cosmia: Chapter 9: You Got It From Vaccinations
Let’s be real, in a time before the internet people didn’t have more adventures and make more meaningful connections. They watched TV and listened to CDs. Before that they listened to records and read magazines. Before that they listened to the radio and read bad dime novels. Before that they embroidered or some shit.
People have been staying inside and ignoring other people for as long as there have been buildings.
This is the damned truth. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise :)
Your brain is not a democracy
Your brain is not a democracy.
You get to decide what you believe. You can think things that no one else agrees with. You can also like things no one else likes.
You can and must think for yourself.
If someone calls you out for something, it’s important to listen to them, and to think through whether or not you think they are right.
If a teacher or therapist tells you that something is socially inappropriate, it’s important to think through whether or not you agree.
If everyone tells you that a TV show you like is awful, it is still ok for you to decide whether you like it
If everyone tells you that something you like isn’t age appropriate, it’s still ok for you to decide you like it.
Your thoughts and tastes are yours. You are the one who should decide what you like, believe, and spend time doing.
Beautiful points :)
very powerful. please read the entire essay. tw for abuse and assault against women with disabilities.